Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Heavy Heart

I feel as though I cannot go on posting about fashion and shopping without recognizing how trivial those things seem at a time like this. I am deeply saddened by the horrible events yesterday that occurred in my hometown of Boston. This tragedy hits especially close to home, but I find solace in knowing how many people came together and continue to come together to help those affected by the disaster. I am always in awe of all the people who rush to help those in need in horrific events such as this, especially because they completely disregard their own safety to help others. First responders, surgeons, nurses, law enforcement, volunteers, everyone who helps - they all can never be thanked enough. My thoughts are with the victims, their families and friends, and anyone else who is affected. My heart will be heavy for many days and weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment