Saturday, March 2, 2013

Change of Heart

Have you ever thought that something was really, hideously ugly, come to find a few months (or weeks) later you can't live without said item and need it in your life ASAP? This experience has happened to me many times over the course of my life (bell-bottom jeans in 5th grade and UGGs in high school, to name a couple and is how I currently feel about high-top and wedge sneakers. Many months ago, when I first saw wedge sneakers, I was like WTF?, but now I think they are hideously wonderful. I always look to Jules of Sincerely Jules for ideas on how to wear sneakers, as she always looks uber cool and even made Sambas look stylish (I used to wear them for Marching Band).
 
 
I can't stop thinking about these Michael Kors Glam Studded High Tops. Can I justify the $195 price tag for a pair of shoes I can only wear 2/7 days a week? Time will tell...
 
 
These Marc by Marc Jacobs Cutout Sneaker Wedges are just too cool. How functional they are or what socks (if any) you wear with them remain big questions in my mind, but the color is so me (the price? not so much).
 
 
 
While still a little pricey at $129, I obviously love these leopard print sneakers from Zara.
 
I ended up picking up this pair of MIA high top tops (in tan) for $29.99 from T.J.Maxx and these metallic wedge sneakers from Target (on sale in stores for $24.99!). I don't know if I will keep both, or hold out for those Michael Kors at the top... What do you think of the sneaker trend?
 
images: 1, 23
 

No comments:

Post a Comment