Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Trying Trends

 
Beanie & Camo Shirt: Primark (London); Tee: Gap (old), Jeans & Bag: Forever 21 (both recent); Sneakers: Target
 
Like I have mentioned previously, I'm obsessed with the beanie trend (now that winter is almost over... not the best timing, but also not sad about spring coming). So when I saw this neon pink beanie in London for just over $1, I had to have it. I'm also loving the camo trend, and the wedge sneaker trend - ok lots of trends. I think trends are great, but I make sure to keep a couple of things in mind when wearing them:
 
1. Buy trendy items on the cheap - check stores like Forever 21, H&M, Target, etc. No one (with the average wallet) wants to drop a ton of money on a piece that they don't like the following year.
 
2. Pair trendy items with classic pieces. In this outfit I wore basic jeans, a striped T (that I wear to death), and a classic black bag. Classic pieces are a better bang for your buck as you will wear them over and over again, season to season.

How do you wear trends?
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit! Agree with you re: classics -- they are best worn over and over again :) love how you paired them with fun accessories!

    ReplyDelete